Monday, April 23, 2007

Question, America. Question, YouTube. What is wrong with this picture? Answer: The motives of the art are troubling. Watch it. It makes the murderers look like characters. The rock and roll chosen (probably without permission from Nine Inch Nails) hits at certain points for effect, the kind you may see when wrestlers come out to theme music. The video is there for some sort of questionable impact. Is it a tribute?

Can it not be seen as a possible motivational tool for others?

Do a search on YouTube for Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. Similar video is there to be found. The one posted above was added only on April 21st, 2007. Plenty of older, similar ones exist, and for the purpose of this post, the date is not relevant.

I encourage everyone to take a look at this website of the words, thoughts and drawings of the murderers of Columbine, and remember that the murderer at Virginia Tech mentioned them as fellow "martyrs." He also wrote violently and shared similar opinions with them.

From one of the murderers at Columbine, a quote taken from this video (which aired on Discovery Channel, designed at ticking-clock moments like the show 24, interestingly):

"I know we're going to have followers, because we are so god-like. I mean we're not exactly human. We have human bodies, but we have evolved one step above you human s---."


Here is the video:


Here is a quote from the Virginia Tech murderer, taken from his video "manifesto":
"I didn't have to do this. I could have left, I could have fled, but no," he said. "I will no longer run. If not for me, for my children, for my brothers and sisters that you f—d. I did it for them."


Children? Does he mean offspring?

Do you see the connection?

If we wish to avoid these situations, we must consider how to feasibly and appropriately do so. Considering what content we deliver through a medium is important.

P.S. Do you like this video? How about the soundtrack?


I would love to hear comments from anyone who has anything to add. Email me at cnerve -at- gmail -dot- com. I may then post it here.